Monday 6 June 2011

Noodle Pulling





If you only knew how hard it was to finally learn this ancient art of Noodle pulling. My first encounter was with an grey haired, wife beater wearing chef at the back door of his kitchen. He had asked me to meet him at 3pm only to leave me there in this alley way for an hour before showing. After rearranging his balls and clearing his throat he started his lecture. Was this guy a chef or a kung fu master? he started to explain how noodle pulling was all about chi and energy and how it took many years of exercising before one could even attempt it. Ive devoted the last 6 years of my life to cooking, reading about cooking, watching cooking, talking about cooking and most importantly experimenting with all sorts of cooking, there is nothing that can not be learnt! so my initial thought in response to Jackie Chan was BULLSHIT! Just in case he was a secret ninja, i politely thanked him for given me his time, took down his number just in case and walked away back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment